Salon Team Safety Protocol
At Supercuts, we’re committed to keeping you safe. To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of both our guests and team members following the COVID-19 outbreak, it has been necessary to put a number of restrictions and safety measures in place. Please see below our salon team safety protocol in accordance to government guidelines. All team members have been trained accordingly and salons are barbicide accredited.
- Team members will not be permitted to work if they have a cough or other cold symptoms.
- All equipment will be sterilised after every guest (using barbicide or clipper spray). Hairdryers and straighteners to be wiped with disinfectant solution
- Towels and gowns to be washed at 60 degrees after every use (disposable capes will be provided to use for guests if needed while gowns are washed)
- Chairs to be cleaned after every guest using disinfectant or bleach solution and disposable cloth/paper towel.
- All stylists will wear their hair tied back and adhere to stringent personal hygiene protocol, including washing of hands and changing into their salon top when they arrive at the salon.
- Any team member displaying cough or cold symptoms will not be permitted to work.
- All surfaces will be sanitised after every guest using disinfectant or bleach solution and disposable cloth/paper towel.
- If used, neck collars will be sanitised between each guest.
- Neck brushes will not be used.
- The salon phone will be cleaned after every use (using sanitising wipes or bleach solution). Credit card machine keypad to be cleaned after every transaction.
- The computer keyboard will be cleaned at regular intervals during the day.
- If available, the salon tablet will be cleaned at regular intervals during the day.
- Team members will sanitise or wash hands immediately after using computer keyboard or handling money.
- Toilet seat and tap should be sprayed down by the user prior to AND after use. Clear signage with instructions will be displayed for salon guests.
- The salon door will be kept open during working hours to minimise the number of people touching the handle.
- Only disposable paper towels will be used for hand drying – used towels will be disposed of in a lidded pedal bin.
- We will limit the number of guests in the salon (we will only use every other styling station).
- Floor tape will mark a 2-metre distance zone from the reception desk which will be observed at all times.
Personal protective equipment
- Our stylists will wear face masks at all times in the salon.
- Our stylists will wear gloves and a face visor when using the wash basin.
- Hand sanitiser will be used by both the stylist and the guest prior to service.
- When disposing of a mask our stylists will place in a zip lock bag and seal before disposing.
Changes in service
- Only every other styling station will be operational – chairs not in use will be marked ‘NOT IN USE’. Alternatively, safety screens will be installed to help maintain social-distancing.
- Only alternate back washes will be used at any one time.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide magazines at this time, however guests may bring their own provided that they are kept on their person at all times.
- We will not be able to offer refreshments and ask that you refrain from eating or drinking in the salon.
- Retail items are to be picked from the shelf by a team member only.
- A £3.60 levy will be added to all services to cover the cost of additional safety measures and equipment. Read more about the cover here.
- Wherever possible team members will ask that you pay by credit card or use contactless payment.
- Unfortunately, team members may need to limit some services (including dry cuts and beard trims) subject to government guideline. Changes to services will be updated as and when new guidelines becomes available.