Designed, manufactured and made in the UK, Tangle Teezer is as much of a British institution as Simon Cowell and grumbling about the weather. Most of the nation’s handbags are probably home to one of the iconic brushes, but there are a few things you might still not know about the brand. From their celeb fans to the uses you hadn’t thought of, here are 9 things you probably didn’t know about Tangle Teezers…
1. They’re made with memory flex technology. This means that the teeth move around our hair; not the other way round. As the only brush on the market with this technology, it’s no wonder our hair loves the Tangle Teezer so much.
2. The teeth do different things. Have you noticed that your Original Tangle Teezer has long teeth and short teeth? The longer teeth get the knots out, while the shorter teeth are there to leave hair smooth and silky.
3. Celebrities love them. Salma Hayek, Victoria Beckham, Cara Delevingne and Rita Ora are just some of the celebs who swear by the innovative little brush. If it’s good enough for a supermodel…
4. The concept was turned down on Dragon’s Den. Inventor Shaun Pulfrey presented the brush in front of the dragons in 2007, but they all declared they were out. We bet they regret that decision now!
5. They’re perfect for a night out. You might think the brush is a little bulky, but have you discovered the Compact Styler? As well as having a removable cover to protect the brush from fluff, it’s also the ideal size for your clutch bag. Oh, and they come in a variety of colours so it’s totally acceptable to pick one that coordinates with your outfit.
6. They’re not just for styling. The Original styler is actually not designed as a styling tool – instead, these brushes are designed as a haircare product. The Tangle Teezer Blow-Styling Hairbrush is the one you need for styling hair.
7. They can also give you serious volume. The Compact Styler is amazing for back brushing – and you’ll be happy to know that it brushes out really easily too.
8. They’re award winning. From Harper Bazaar’s Beauty Hot 100 list to a Sunday Times Style Award, the industry experts love heaping accolades onto the brand.
9. Tangle Teezer believes there are just 3 steps to beautiful hair. And the range can help you with all of them (obviously!) The Original brush takes care of Detangling and Caring, the Blow-Styling Hairbrush is for Blow-Drying and Styling, and the Compact is perfect for Maintaining and adding shine.
We’re proud to stock Tangle Teezer both in salon and online. Check out our full range of Tangle Teezer brushes.